Tuesday, April 29, 2014

America the Beautiful

I came to this realization a while ago, but thought I'd post it.

In our Latin American Literature class, we learned about authors who would go from central/south america and go to Paris, and then write beautiful poems about their home countries. Distance makes the heart grow fonder I suppose.

The same happened to me. I realized how much I love the US. I have found that I can now equate my country to a woman you fall in love with:


She's not perfect, and yet she's perfect for me.
She has her problems; who doesn't?
Sometimes she can really make me mad.
I can't stay mad at her for too long.
After just a little while her beauty just captivates me again.
Don't you even think about disrespecting her, especially in front of me.
There is no where else I'd rather be in this world.
She's home for me; she's where I belong.
I will die with her; I would die for her.

When written like that and read out of context, you have no idea it isn't about a woman.

#MURICA

No comments:

Post a Comment