Thursday, February 13, 2014

La Poesia

Not sure why literature professors in any country like to do this, but they seem to have a thing for assigning impromptu poetry writings in class. After reading the works of Alfonsina Storni we were instructed to write a four-line love poem in five minutes. Here's mine:

"Yo teo veo en mis sueños cuando cierro mis ojos.
Estamos juntos, al lado. Tu estas en mis brazos.
Tu respira ligera me da alegria.
Pero abro mis ojos y todavia estoy solo."

(I see you in my dreams when I close my eyes.
We're together, beside each other. You're in my arms.
Your light breath gives me joy.
but I open my eyes and I'm still alone.)

It got numerous "AWWW"s from the girls in the class, as the professor enjoyed reiterating to me. I don't remember exactly what he said but it was something along the lines of "if you can get 13 girls to do that for your poetry, you'll be just fine."
_________________________________________________

Added 3/2/14

After this we were instructed to write three more poems. Here are mine:

Cuando hay nubes oscuras, tengo luz para ver
El sol todavilla brilla cuando empieze a llover.
En las calles, no camino; en vez de esto yo bailo
por una cosa: estoy enamorado.

---

La esperanza me sale; viene la tristeza.
Camino como un cuerpo, muerto en la tierra
que despertó para buscar algo
que no existe en todo el mundo.

---

Dejame con mis recuerdos de un tiempo pasado
cuando yo te conocia, y te abrazaba en mis brazos
porque has cambiado a una persona diferente
y solo mis suenos ayudan lo que me duele.

As a series, the copy the series of love poems by Storni that go from new love, to the peak of love, down to losing hope, and complete dispair.

No comments:

Post a Comment